Björk in DAZED: Paradise Found

Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

Re: Björk in DAZED: Paradise Found

Postby judaschrist » Sat, Aug, 26, 2017 3:11 am

Magnetar wrote: There were recordings of Venezualian birds as early as the 1960s (there was French birder Jean C Roché’s legendary Birds of Venezuela LP (published by L'Oiseau Musicien, 1973)

you can actually find this online... :shifty:
judaschrist
[debut]

Postby Erik » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 12:08 am

finally got my physical copy in the mail, it's super pretty.
Erik
[vespertine]

Postby Anak » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 7:19 am

Erik wrote:finally got my physical copy in the mail, it's super pretty.

Anak
[medúlla]

Postby borsijb » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 7:21 am

Anak wrote:

maybe he's talking about the bird cd?
borsijb
[telegram]

Postby Anak » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 7:23 am

borsijb wrote:
Anak wrote:

maybe he's talking about the bird cd?

Anak
[medúlla]

Postby DrBenway12 » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 10:51 am

I've been looking for the bird albums mentioned in the article... the toop one is supposed to be pretty rare? Has anyone found these yet? Links?
DrBenway12
[post]

Postby CU830 » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 12:45 pm

DrBenway12 wrote:I've been looking for the bird albums mentioned in the article... the toop one is supposed to be pretty rare? Has anyone found these yet? Links?

You can find toop's recordings of the yanomami with relative ease if you look for the 2015 Sub rosa edition instead of the 1978 original. The reissue was released in a double-CD format under the title of "Lost shadows: in defence of the soul". Each of the two parts is closed by the sound of insects, birds and moths chirping together at night, and i suppose those are the tracks björk incorporated in the new soundscape.

As for the rest of the Venezuelan field recording galore mentioned in the article:

- paul schartz's bird songs were published as a series named "naturaleza venezolana", which sadly exists only in vinyl.
- Jean c roché's "oiseaux du vénézuela" floats around in blogs and can be found quite easily through google search. It's gorgeous!
- the yekuana album, curiously but unsurprisingly rich in flutes and clarinets, is still available on the folkways shop.
Last edited by CU830 on Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU830
[debut]

Postby DrBenway12 » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 1:41 pm

CU830 wrote:
DrBenway12 wrote:I've been looking for the bird albums mentioned in the article... the toop one is supposed to be pretty rare? Has anyone found these yet? Links?

You can find toop's recordings of the yanomami with relative ease if you look for the 2015 Sub rosa edition instead of the 1978 original. The reissue was released in a double-CD format under the title of "Lost shadows: in defence of the soul". Each of the two parts is closed by the sound of insects, birds and moths chirping together at night, and i suppose those are the tracks björk incorporated in the new soundscape.

As for the rest of the Venezuelan field recording galore mentioned in the article:

- paul schartz's bird songs were published as a series named "naturaleza venezolana", which sadly exists only in vinyl.
- Jean c roché's "oiseaux du vénézuela" floats around in blogs and can be found quite easily through google search. It's gorgeous!
- the yekuana album, curiously but unsurprisingly rich in flutes and clarinets, is still available on the folways shop.

thanks for the info I'm going to look into these
DrBenway12
[post]

Postby m.thr.n » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 2:05 pm

The David Toop album and the Yekuana compilation are available on Spotify.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby Erik » Sun, Aug, 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Anak wrote:

newsstand.co.uk should have some if it's sold out! you just have to email them after your order and request the :logo: cover!
Erik
[vespertine]

Postby Anak » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 3:37 am

Erik wrote:
Anak wrote:

newsstand.co.uk should have some if it's sold out! you just have to email them after your order and request the :logo: cover!

I can't believe I thought you meant the album.........in a thread about a magazine........
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby An Echo, A Stain » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 2:44 pm

arborescent wrote:for example when she first wore this headpiece -at the pitchfork music festival in 2013 before vulnicura

i already felt the pain. these moments between albums are precious to me. u can see she's feelin and communicating

She wore the Vulnicura-style headpieces at the Hollywood Bowl and Bonarroo before Pitchfork.
An Echo, A Stain
[medúlla]

Postby arborescent » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 4:05 pm

true... she wore the headpeace one month earlier! the pitchfork photos made it more powerful and iconic

by the way have you people taken a look at maiko takeda's website eye mean......

http://www.maikotakeda.com/

it's a ma zing... i want the things

ps: the collection the headpeace belongs to is called "atmospheric reentry" and that reminds me of the lyrics "i a am a glowing shiny rocket returning home. as i enter the atmosphere i burn off layer by layer". also i feel it's the conclusion for the cosmic side of the biophilia voyage.
arborescent
[debut]

Postby arborescent » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 4:13 pm

take a look at the shit knit[/size] concept:

http://www.maikotakeda.com/punk.html

very much in line!
arborescent
[debut]

Postby insertetitulo » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 5:02 pm

arborescent wrote:take a look at the shit knit[/size] concept:

http://www.maikotakeda.com/punk.html

very much in line!
it is interesting indeed. i really liked those shoes
insertetitulo
[vespertine]

Postby polyrhythm » Mon, Sep, 04, 2017 12:20 am

hi hi

my first post, and a bit of a stretch
but does anyone in australia know where i can cop an issue???
i couldn't find it in tokyo last month (i did meet alejandro & james merry tho!!!), and now it seems to be nigh sold out except for ebay scalpers flogging it for 100AUD a copy
polyrhythm
[debut]

Postby judaschrist » Mon, Sep, 04, 2017 12:29 am

polyrhythm wrote:hi hi

i couldn't find it in tokyo last month (i did meet alejandro & james merry tho!!!), and now it seems to be nigh sold out except for ebay scalpers flogging it for 100AUD a copy

http://www.newsstand.co.uk/652-Culture-Magazines/1393-Subscribe-to-DAZED-and-CONFUSED-Magazine-Subscription.aspx

any more info available on the new album? :hyper: :naughty:
judaschrist
[debut]

Postby polyrhythm » Mon, Sep, 04, 2017 12:36 am

judaschrist wrote:

http://www.newsstand.co.uk/652-Culture-Magazines/1393-Subscribe-to-DAZED-and-CONFUSED-Magazine-Subscription.aspx

am I assured the bjork cover if i buy here? gaaaah i shouldn't have been so lazy

i wish! LOL it was before the album was announced, i should've asked! they're both so nice, i ran into arca shopping in harajuku before fuji rock and we had a nice chat. and then when we got to the local area that it was being held in, he chased us down at the train station again to say hi! he's so lovely

I went to james signing at daikanyama tsutaya, and bought a beautiful embroidered shirt. i'm so scared of wearing it because i don't wanna ruin it hahaha
polyrhythm
[debut]

Postby judaschrist » Mon, Sep, 04, 2017 3:18 am

polyrhythm wrote:
judaschrist wrote:

am I assured the bjork cover if i buy here? gaaaah i shouldn't have been so lazy

i wish! LOL it was before the album was announced, i should've asked! they're both so nice, i ran into arca shopping in harajuku before fuji rock and we had a nice chat. and then when we got to the local area that it was being held in, he chased us down at the train station again to say hi! he's so lovely

I went to james signing at daikanyama tsutaya, and bought a beautiful embroidered shirt. i'm so scared of wearing it because i don't wanna ruin it hahaha

after ordering, you have to send an email to them asking for the Björk-cover... thanks for the nice Japan impressions!
judaschrist
[debut]

Postby Anak » Mon, Sep, 04, 2017 6:23 am

An Echo, A Stain wrote:
arborescent wrote:for example when she first wore this headpiece -at the pitchfork music festival in 2013 before vulnicura

i already felt the pain. these moments between albums are precious to me. u can see she's feelin and communicating

She wore the Vulnicura-style headpieces at the Hollywood Bowl and Bonarroo before Pitchfork.

Is it wrong of me to guess this is the era of tulle or smth? She's wearing a tulle dress in Dazed and also had tulle back in that Showstudio photoshoot aaaaaageeees ago
Anak
[medúlla]

PreviousNext

x Users browsing this forum: animatorunio, mow_mow