Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

Re: 'utopia's character

Postby postbj0rk » Sun, Aug, 06, 2017 11:38 pm

it's her tinder album, so a condom.
postbj0rk
[debut]

Postby faber » Mon, Aug, 07, 2017 1:01 am

postbj0rk wrote:it's her tinder album, so a condom.

vulnicura was all about latex so been there done that honey :mrgreen:

flowers galore for me thank you. for a nature-theme-centered artist like B flowers have never received a particular artistic attention iirc. nature has always been rough, stark and crazy in Björk representations. hurricanes, thunderbolts, snowfall, icebergs, earthquakes, lava. We literally never had a lot of "gentle" elements so flowers and breeze are kinda new for her.

Only some of the quietest moments of volta and debut featured those, but for example I see who you are still felt very earth-y and visceral, with all the references to bones, being human and mortal. I really like the fact that 2 examples brought up during the last interview are batabid and ambergris march. I haven't seen this anywhere but at this point i won't really mind an instrumental track on the new record.

i like that the journalist described the album as having full-on light moments and only a touch of dark ones. think about all the other albums: it has always been the opposite. maybe post was the last full-on light record.
faber
[biophilia]

Postby m.thr.n » Mon, Aug, 07, 2017 1:24 am

Let's be real, the character of the album is going to be yet another twist on uniting technology and nature, it's been her shtick since forever. I guess she's into colorful flowers now, good for her.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby faber » Mon, Aug, 07, 2017 1:34 am

m.thr.n wrote:Let's be real, the character of the album is going to be yet another twist on uniting technology and nature, it's been her shtick since forever. I guess she's into colorful flowers now, good for her.

shady :shifty:

but dude that's not true i don't recall this being said for any album character other than Biophilia

I know that era lasted forever but you can't say that has been her shtick since evr :compass:
faber
[biophilia]

Postby m.thr.n » Mon, Aug, 07, 2017 1:42 am

faber wrote:
m.thr.n wrote:Let's be real, the character of the album is going to be yet another twist on uniting technology and nature, it's been her shtick since forever. I guess she's into colorful flowers now, good for her.

shady :shifty:

but dude that's not true i don't recall this being said for any album character other than Biophilia

I know that era lasted forever but you can't say that has been her shtick since evr :compass:

I know I'm being a bit shady :lol: but she's been talking how techno and nature are the same thing and we need to unite them etc. since the 90s, literally in every interview. I don't expect that to change, it's her thing, I'm fine with it. I'm just pointing out the 'character' of the new album is going to be just another take on that. Utopian/happy version or whatever.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby benjicoq » Mon, Aug, 07, 2017 1:52 am

i come here for the m.thr.n shady realness :D :D
benjicoq
[bastards]

Postby Dot » Tue, Aug, 08, 2017 6:33 am

since she's been wearing mostly red lately and associates it with new beginnings, i think that'll be the main colour scheme. and yes, very floral. we know she has the habit of embodying the new character even before the previous era has ended (performing biophilia with lime green dresses and vulni spiky headpieces, ahem,) so i genuinely think the nick knight photoshoot for anOther was already a hint and obviously the new one from dazed, pretty much in the same vain

also, does anyone see a little bit of dr9 ish aesthetic ?? which i'm totally here for! (and art nouveau, yes!, sounds great)
Dot
[vespertine]

Postby bohemian_like_u » Wed, Aug, 09, 2017 3:53 am

Inti wrote:
vincovinco wrote:details from The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch

I think it´s more like this concept, "the garden of earthly delights" it´s the paradise on earth, an artistic vision of what utopia concept involves.

colors: primary: sky blue secondary: orange, red and purple.
adjectives: harmonious, flirtatious, melodious.
personality: falling in love all over again, discovering yourself, youthful.

character - i think the sky blue is a very happy and pacific color, like a paradise. I imagine her smiling and sending so much love in the album cover. :sacrifice:

hide Song in the garden of earthly delights:

What a pitty that this portion of the painting is called musical inferno and didnt match with album concept! So nice i didnt know that the sheet was playable.
bohemian_like_u
[debut]

Postby bartaa » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 11:10 am

benjicoq wrote:i come here for the m.thr.n shady realness :D :D

In bed together.
bartaa
[vespertine]

Postby m.thr.n » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 11:39 am

bartaa wrote:
benjicoq wrote:i come here for the m.thr.n shady realness :D :D

In bed together.

Aw, someone's feeling left out!
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby Andreas » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 11:40 am

Something sensual for sure! We already had the flowers and the somewhat suggestive erotic wet mirror-photo...

Personally I would love for her to show that women are sensual and erotic and sexual At any rate, without going completely overboard (like Madonna). Being in her situation, björk is sort of re-discovering her female sensuality halfway through her life. Imagine if she manages to do an album that women (men too but women especially) connect to even more than they connected to Vulnicura!
Andreas
[post]

Postby Welcome to bangkok » Sun, Aug, 13, 2017 9:18 am

I'm thinking a sort of pre-raphealite theme, with lots of flowers, animals and birds.

Personality - rejects modern life, drawn to nature, thoughtful, dreamy (if that makes sense), perhaps a bit childish and whimsical but also confident and feminist at the same time - so careless in a good way, in a way that she does not care how others peceive her relationship, yet understamds her own emotions and feels empowered.

Colours - natural colours associated with pre raphealite art but also colours from exotic birds (e.g birds of paradise as someone mentioned)

Outfits - lots of flowing robes and dresses laced with real flowers. Perhaps bird wings to give the feel of an angelic utopia? Very extravagent headresses that are inspired by flowers and tropical bird feathers.
Welcome to bangkok
[debut]

Postby watchawey » Wed, Aug, 16, 2017 8:22 am

i believe the album colors will be blueish, purpleish, greenish, orangeish... idk
and i think she will look towards the camera on the cover, like she did in her first 3 albums
watchawey
[telegram]

Postby Burnface » Wed, Aug, 16, 2017 11:51 am

After reading this new info (thanks to the lovely 4umers that deciphered the interview and showed it to us!) I wonder if maybe the new character will have some sort of vaguely angelic qualities...

:o

I'm totes down for it. The Vulnicura cover was giving me virgin/saint vibes with the halo and all. And now an angel! With petals on her face!

And now for the wishful thinking part, I'd looooove some Remedios Varo inspiration. She's talked about her in the past and I think it would fit kinda nicely, based on what we know so far. For example, the creation of birds:

Or more ethereal stuff

Not quite angelic, but still light and feathery, sylph-like..?
Last edited by Burnface on Wed, Aug, 16, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnface
[biophilia]

Postby m.thr.n » Wed, Aug, 16, 2017 11:53 am

Burnface wrote:Image

I adore this painting. <3
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby batsounds » Wed, Aug, 16, 2017 12:21 pm

i had a foocking nightmare :

the new album cover is one of those avatars by huang