what to do till it is here

Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

Re: what to do till it is here

Postby gmax1204 » Mon, Aug, 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Anak wrote:I think it's dope, definitely one of my favourites of the year. im it's a great improvement upon his older albums, I still have my reservations about it, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. I think he excels a lot more in his mixes (Entrañas for example) but his albums are still really enjoyable for me

i enjoyed it a lot buuuut it got boring after some time. some of the tracks that featured vocals lacked something. i just prefer arca's instrumentals more.
gmax1204
[telegram]

Postby LegeCre » Mon, Aug, 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Andreas wrote:Arca's album has definitely received a lot of praise. Personally I find it a bit repetitive and monotone.

like a long track with some babbling every now and then.

His beats for All neon like are the only thing that catched me.
LegeCre
[post]

Postby m.thr.n » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 1:42 am

These days I think Arca is a better producer of other people's work than a solo artist. I have to admit, his first two records made me go wow when I first heard them, but it turned out they didn't lend themselves well to repeated listens. Not enough meat on them bones. By the third one I got kind of bored, and I maintain my claim that he can't sing well (and if I read one more review that mentions his 'operatic vocals', I'm gonna lose my mind - have those journos ever heard actual opera?).

Same goes for Rabit. His solo albums seem like a good showcase of what he's capable of doing technically, so I'm looking forward how it's going to be adapted for Björk's songs. I'm curious how she'll marry his explosive industrial rhythms with... flutes.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby Lionsong » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 4:36 am

I didn't like arca's production on vulnicura, but on his new album it was AMAZING!! Legit the whole new album is incredible. Especially songs like reverie, which has a really aggressive beat in the chorus. And also Desafio has a really catchy pop melody over a really strange and beautiful instrumental.
Lionsong
[homogenic]

Postby Smörgås » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 4:48 am

I agree with m.thr.n that there isn't enough meat in the bones in Arca's music. If you have music like that you need something to fill it out, like Björk vocals.
Smörgås
[biophilia]

Postby Anak » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 7:49 am

m.thr.n wrote:These days I think Arca is a better producer of other people's work than a solo artist. I have to admit, his first two records made me go wow when I first heard them, but it turned out they didn't lend themselves well to repeated listens. Not enough meat on them bones. By the third one I got kind of bored, and I maintain my claim that he can't sing well (and if I read one more review that mentions his 'operatic vocals', I'm gonna lose my mind - have those journos ever heard actual opera?).

Same goes for Rabit. His solo albums seem like a good showcase of what he's capable of doing technically, so I'm looking forward how it's going to be adapted for Björk's songs. I'm curious how she'll marry his explosive industrial rhythms with... flutes.

Understandable. I do agree to some extent, and like I said I think his mixes are better than his albums but what can u do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm expecting a kind of Son Luxy vibe with the "explosive flutes", or maybe they'll just be like very shrill clarinet tones haha
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby LegeCre » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:14 am

m.thr.n wrote: I'm curious how she'll marry his explosive industrial rhythms with... flutes.

She already married his Beats with Abida parveen's vocals and the outcome was great -at least for me-, a thing that her dj sets has confirmed is that she is wonderful at rhapsodies.
LegeCre
[post]

Postby tofu » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:17 am

i really like arca's album!
and specially on vulnicura live i think björk and him did a great job together with the new and the older songs.
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby Me » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:51 am

Smörgås wrote:I agree with m.thr.n that there isn't enough meat in the bones in Arca's music. If you have music like that you need something to fill it out, like Björk vocals.

That's quite true!
Me
[volta]

Postby DrBenway12 » Tue, Aug, 22, 2017 6:27 pm

I've been keeping myself distracted by the new Tera melos singles and adult swim doom lost notebooks. It does help me not get compulsively insane about b lol
DrBenway12
[post]

Postby Here4thenew1 » Tue, Aug, 22, 2017 7:21 pm

I will be listening to Tori Amos' album--which actually has a release date for early next month! and it has a title. OMfg...a title!
Here4thenew1
[post]

Postby Patrigan » Wed, Aug, 23, 2017 4:04 am

Here4thenew1 wrote:I will be listening to Tori Amos' album--which actually has a release date for early next month! and it has a title. OMfg...a title!

and i spended my itunes money on brand news fabulous new album now which i do not regret at all, even if bjork decides to release her new album now.
Patrigan
[homogenic]

Postby Bonkiii » Wed, Aug, 23, 2017 4:19 am

I will listen to the new single from Dillon "shades fade" and her new album will be released on November 10th 2017 and is called "Kind".
Still 2 1/2 months but at least it has a title and release date. Uh and it's up for pre-order ;)
Bonkiii
[post]

Postby Patrigan » Thu, Aug, 24, 2017 6:13 am

And the last few bucks from my itunes are very well spent for the excellent sudan archives ep, so even a single from bjork can't be bought before september now. A little scared about that... :shifty:
Patrigan
[homogenic]

Postby isbnrk » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 6:41 pm

i will try drawing her. anyone here doing the same?
isbnrk
[debut]

Postby Anak » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 5:31 am

isbnrk wrote:i will try drawing her. anyone here doing the same?

I actually have an artwork I did for my design class that I haven't posted here yet! It's Vulnicura but I should probably do that haha. I'd love to actually get drawing something but idk if/when I will lol
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby gmax1204 » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 6:34 am

i drew her some time ago. i think i posted it here
gmax1204
[telegram]

Postby gmax1204 » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 6:48 am

gmax1204 wrote:i drew her some time ago. i think i posted it here

looks bad.
gmax1204
[telegram]

Postby isbnrk » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 7:39 pm

gmax1204 wrote:
gmax1204 wrote:i drew her some time ago. i think i posted it here

looks bad.

it looks great! i think drawing is a great way to document the time passing while the new album comes
isbnrk
[debut]

Postby cancan » Thu, Aug, 31, 2017 9:25 am

f*ck really hardcore
cancan
[post]

PreviousNext

x Users browsing this forum: animatorunio, elmstead, huntasha, unknownness