[New Album] tour coming?

Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

[New Album] tour coming?

Postby epicurus » Thu, Aug, 10, 2017 10:16 pm

What do you guys think?
the only thing i find is https://www.georgianjournal.ge/arts-a-culture/33696-famous-musician-bjork-might-visit-georgia.html but it's still pure speculation i guess
epicurus
[telegram]

Re: [New Album] tour coming?

Postby jp4151 » Thu, Aug, 10, 2017 10:57 pm

That is awesome. Hopefully it's part of a world wide tour.
jp4151
[telegram]

Postby DrBenway12 » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 12:53 am

I immediately considered the prospect of a tour when I saw there was going to be a new album I just hope I don't miss my window on buying the tickets for them out here in bay area haha
I would have drove to la for the walt Disney orchestra if I found out sooner
DrBenway12
[post]

Postby arucinluv » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 2:45 am

i read somewhere in twitter that the tour starts january 2018, but i don't know if it's true
arucinluv
[post]

Postby batsounds » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 4:39 am

my guess
tour starts march 2018
batsounds
[post]

Postby gmax1204 » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 4:49 am

is there even going to be a "tour" and not just a few shows here and there?
gmax1204
[telegram]

Postby m.thr.n » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 4:51 am

gmax1204 wrote:is there even going to be a "tour" and not just a few shows here and there?

Yeah, I think that's more likely than a 70-date tour like she did for Volta or Biophilia.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby faber » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 6:32 am

m.thr.n wrote:
gmax1204 wrote:is there even going to be a "tour" and not just a few shows here and there?

Yeah, I think that's more likely than a 70-date tour like she did for Volta or Biophilia.

yeah B said she's done with big tour productions

a bunch of shows each year are to be expected tho
faber
[biophilia]

Postby breakbeat » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 7:08 am

hmmm - i think they need to make money, and that just isn't going to come from music sales. How else will they pay for all of the amazing stuff they must have in the pipeline? there will be a decent tour im sure. 8)
breakbeat
[telegram]

Postby odduck » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 7:20 am

breakbeat wrote:hmmm - i think they need to make money, and that just isn't going to come from music sales. How else will they pay for all of the amazing stuff they must have in the pipeline? there will be a decent tour im sure. 8)

I'm sure she'd like to tour, but it may not feasible for her voice anymore.
odduck
[vespertine]

Postby breakbeat » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 7:29 am

odduck wrote:
breakbeat wrote:hmmm - i think they need to make money, and that just isn't going to come from music sales. How else will they pay for all of the amazing stuff they must have in the pipeline? there will be a decent tour im sure. 8)

I'm sure she'd like to tour, but it may not feasible for her voice anymore.

perhaps. curious to see in any case :)
breakbeat
[telegram]

Postby epicurus » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I THINK FESTIVALS ARE MOST LUCRATIVE, so i hope to see her on some european festivals next summer, not the really big ones, but where she can be a headliner: 3 or 4 festivals, 1 month break, 3 or 4 festivals, 1 month break, 3 or 4 festivals ... i guess that's the way to do it for her
epicurus
[telegram]

Postby mrs bungle » Fri, Aug, 11, 2017 3:02 pm

It sucks that festivals may be the biggest draw for her now - nothing is quite the same as being in a crowd full of people who are all there for the same artist, with fantastic sound & a real swell of excitement when the artist takes to the stage :love:

Festivals are good now & then, but a lot of subtlety gets lost at open air gigs, and being in a crowd of people who are passing the time till the act they came there for is a drag.
mrs bungle
[telegram]

Postby THP2011 » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 10:32 am

faber wrote:
m.thr.n wrote:

yeah B said she's done with big tour productions

a bunch of shows each year are to be expected tho

I don't think Bjork has ever explored the medium of performance or story telling live on stage. before you all scream, of COurse her performances are beautiful and exciting yes, but she while has managed to entirely transcend the banality of pop albums, music videos and several other mediums now it's time for her to create a unique live show worthy of her incredible compositions. something never seen before. perhaps incorporating vr and theatrics in her own inimitable style. a story perhaps; a story about the character she will inhabit for the new album.

a mega tour, something other than a live band, beautiful outfit and fireworks. not a musical of any kind, nothing mushy, but I'm yearning for bjork to realise or bring to life her new record on stage which is less traditional. its the obvious next step.
THP2011
[debut]

Postby Smörgås » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 11:33 am

mrs bungle wrote:It sucks that festivals may be the biggest draw for her now - nothing is quite the same as being in a crowd full of people who are all there for the same artist, with fantastic sound & a real swell of excitement when the artist takes to the stage :love:

Festivals are good now & then, but a lot of subtlety gets lost at open air gigs, and being in a crowd of people who are passing the time till the act they came there for is a drag.
Yup. This is why I don't go to festivals. I can't be arsed with people being there who don't care about who is on stage.
Smörgås
[biophilia]

Postby m.thr.n » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 11:37 am

You guys need to find better festivals. Try smaller ones instead of big corporate ones . . . thought it might be counterproductive since small festivals can't afford to book Bjork. :lol:
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby epicurus » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 12:29 pm

m.thr.n wrote:You guys need to find better festivals. Try smaller ones instead of big corporate ones . . . thought it might be counterproductive since small festivals can't afford to book Bjork. :lol:

a little note of reality: she's not big enough anymore for the biggest festivals like glastonbury, Roskilde, werchter ... instead: if she's headlining an 'in between festival' a lot of people are coming primarily for her.
an example:
- rock werchter 2007: on the bill in between marilyn manson and muse -> a lot of people not interested in her show
- rock en seine 2008: smaller festival (but you cannot call it a small festival though) with a lot of interest
epicurus
[telegram]

Postby m.thr.n » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 12:32 pm

epicurus wrote:
m.thr.n wrote:You guys need to find better festivals. Try smaller ones instead of big corporate ones . . . thought it might be counterproductive since small festivals can't afford to book Bjork. :lol:

a little note of reality: she's not big enough anymore for the biggest festivals like glastonbury, Roskilde, werchter ... instead: if she's headlining an 'in between festival' a lot of people are coming primarily for her.
an example:
- rock werchter 2007: on the bill in between marilyn manson and muse -> a lot of people not interested in her show
- rock en seine 2008: smaller festival (but you cannot call it a small festival though) with a lot of interest

Yeah, good point!
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby batsounds » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 12:36 pm

we have to wait for this new album's instrumentation to assume any touring regards
having said that we might wonder on how the new music will translate into live venues
i am crossing fingers for light atmosphere with the intimacy of biophilia's concerts
kind of what she did in chapels during vespertine

if she brings flutes ensemble live on stage, small intimate venues would be dreamy
on the hopes these logistics work out
batsounds
[post]

Postby Andreas » Sat, Aug, 12, 2017 12:46 pm

I would really love it if she revisited opera houses. She would have no problem filling them and they would be an amazing venue for her.
Andreas
[telegram]

Next

x Users browsing this forum: Apex