why i pre-ordered

Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

Re: why i pre-ordered

Postby NakedAndLaughing » Mon, Aug, 14, 2017 8:22 pm

error wrote:
Andreas wrote:terribly true. you'd think they'd outsourced the packaging-part to monkeys.

I bought the '34 Scores for Piano, Organ, Harpsichord and Celeste' a while ago. It arrived damaged caused by questionable packaging. They were so kind send me another one, noting they would improve the packaging. This one arrived in the exact same packaging as the first one, not in perfect, but acceptable condition. The 2nd one also showed a few issues (wire-o binding leaving marks in the cover) caused by way too tight shrink wrapping.

or are we just whining perfectionists?

No we aren't whiny...if we pay for something expensive it should arrive in top condition. I even made a note in my first order to have it packaged safe and properly and it wasn't...2nd time around wasn't much better either. Sadly I don't know which to open...the more or less damaged one ? :lol: :cry:
NakedAndLaughing
[homogenic]

Postby error » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 1:31 am

My most memorable Björk product issue is the Biophilia ultimate art edition. It actually made sound when I received the box from the mail man. after carefully opening the package and opening the wooden box it looked like this:

To be fair: these boxes were not packaged and send by the OLI Mail Order department. They outsourced it to the company who actually produced this edition and all the damaged forks were nicely replaced.
error
[vespertine]

Postby Bonkiii » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 1:47 am

error wrote:To be fair: these boxes were not packaged and send by the OLI Mail Order department. They outsourced it to the company who actually produced this edition and all the damaged forks were nicely replaced.

How much was it (price)? Thank you :)
Bonkiii
[post]

Postby error » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 3:28 am

Bonkiii wrote:How much was it (price)?

Well… terribly expensive for a limited edition album release, but relatively cheap for a limited (200) piece of art

(the excuse I used in 2011)

error
[vespertine]

Postby error » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 3:44 am

Let's hope the (new album title) 'Luxury Edition' will be less expensive. But 'luxury' sounds like £90-£130…
error
[vespertine]

Postby Andreas » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 5:07 am

error wrote:Let's hope the (new album title) 'Luxury Edition' will be less expensive. But 'luxury' sounds like £90-£130…

Let's hope luxury actually means luxury this time, instead of the equivalent to a £0.30 bottle of asda shower gel.
Andreas
[telegram]

Postby JamieH » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 5:11 am

Andreas wrote:
error wrote:Let's hope the (new album title) 'Luxury Edition' will be less expensive. But 'luxury' sounds like £90-£130…

Let's hope luxury actually means luxury this time, instead of the equivalent to a £0.30 bottle of asda shower gel.

:lol: :lol:
JamieH
[biophilia]

Postby Burnface » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 5:56 am

Andreas wrote:

(I preordered vinyl only, and purely out of peer pressure)
Burnface
[biophilia]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 6:04 am

Burnface wrote:
Andreas wrote:

side note, freckle appreciation

mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:22 am

I've previously made my stance known on why I don't mind pre-ordering an unknown album, but --

the same strategy is being used by the band brand new, much to the same conflicted and confused response! :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/BrandNew/posts/10155674012783023
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby tofu » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:36 am

mikeofcetacea wrote:I've previously made my stance known on why I don't mind pre-ordering an unknown album, but --

the same strategy is being used by the band brand new, much to the same conflicted and confused response! :lol:

but there's a important difference between björk and brandnew. brandnew's lp is supposed to be limited, which i really think is not a good move.

with björks new album there is no pressure in pre-ordering, because there is no "limited stuff".
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:40 am

tofu wrote:
mikeofcetacea wrote:I've previously made my stance known on why I don't mind pre-ordering an unknown album, but --

but there's a important difference between björk and brandnew. brandnew's lp is supposed to be limited, which i really think is not a good move.

with björks new album there is no pressure in pre-ordering, because there is no "limited stuff".

for sure, I was just meaning to draw a connection between each being a kind of "purchasing the unknown"
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby tofu » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 8:46 am

mikeofcetacea wrote:
tofu wrote:

for sure, I was just meaning to draw a connection between each being a kind of "purchasing the unknown"

yeah. you're right !! sorry, i only wanted to emphasize the difference and why i don't have a problem with the pre-order of the new björk-album.
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby benjicoq » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 2:29 pm

mikeofcetacea wrote:
Burnface wrote:
Andreas wrote:

side note, freckle appreciation

<3
benjicoq
[bastards]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 2:34 pm

tofu wrote:
yeah. you're right !! sorry, i only wanted to emphasize the difference and why i don't have a problem with the pre-order of the new björk-album.

oh no worries, it's all good :mrgreen: they are definitely very different situations though, I agree.
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby mrs bungle » Tue, Aug, 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Smörgås wrote:I'll probably buy the album regardless but I don't know how people can pre-order something they know absolutely nothing about. Blind faith, for music anyway, is weird to me.

There's a handful of artists who I do have blind faith in - they've all disappointed me at least once, but I will always buy their stuff to give it a fair listen because they've given me decades of amazing music. For those few artists, pre-ordering without knowing anything isn't a problem: I'll be buying it on release either way. Maybe it's a sense of loyalty in return for the joy? I've never really thought about this before...
mrs bungle
[telegram]

Postby Patrigan » Thu, Aug, 17, 2017 6:45 pm

http://pitchfork.com/news/brand-new-detail-new-album-science-fiction/

look how that turned out...
Patrigan
[homogenic]

Postby DrBenway12 » Thu, Aug, 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Patrigan wrote:

Haha this is such a great turn in the story.

Low expectations are the key to happiness.
DrBenway12
[post]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Fri, Aug, 18, 2017 4:09 am

Patrigan wrote:

i wish b would do the same!
also, I have been listening to this album this morning and it's not too shabby
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby Bonkiii » Fri, Aug, 18, 2017 7:59 am

At this point, I really don't know why I pre-ordered it.... the announcement got me so hyped that I instantly had to order it... I will buy it anyway, so it's okay. But I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed that information is very rare... even after weeks
Bonkiii
[post]

PreviousNext

x Users browsing this forum: banshees, notgeting, stocka