actual news thread

Björk's ninth studio album - more info soon

Re: actual news thread

Postby Anak » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 10:40 am

I know everyone will be sick of hearing it but old.bjork.com was the way to go.
Never sick of hearing the truth D: I for one like the Vulnicura site but that's probably bc I can run it without crashing lol. If oldbjork had an updated look... (maybe, that's questionable)
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby Smörgås » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 11:02 am

I miss how comprehensive the old website was. It was a Björk encyclopedia.

I guess that people use social media more than websites these days.
Smörgås
[biophilia]

Postby cowboy » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 11:16 am

I miss how comprehensive the old website was. It was a Björk encyclopedia.

I guess that people use social media more than websites these days.
yep, i think most of us think old bjork.com was better but with social media a daily updated website is not necessary anymore, only nostalgic.
cowboy
[telegram]

Postby borsijb » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:10 pm

i had a look at the source code of the website and i found some pretty interesting stuff. parts of the code were disabled and i re-enabled them on my pc(this doesn't affect how anyone else sees the website, it's not like I'm hacking the site haha)

as you can see they made a countdown(probably a album release countdown). the lorem ipsum text you see is a commenly used placeholder text. there is also code for that makes a logo appear next to "björk" but it is still the old one
borsijb
[telegram]

Postby Smörgås » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:18 pm

^ nicely done! Does the video play in the background? I notice it seems to be an embedded YouTube one.
Smörgås
[biophilia]

Postby insertetitulo » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:21 pm

as you can see they made a countdown(probably a album release countdown). the lorem ipsum text you see is a commenly used placeholder text. there is also code for that makes a logo appear next to "björk" but it is still the old one
IT'S COMING!!!!
insertetitulo
[vespertine]

Postby jp4151 » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:23 pm

when did the official site get updated? Was it overnight or when the video premiered?
jp4151
[homogenic]

Postby gmax1204 » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:24 pm

when did the official site get updated? Was it overnight or when the video premiered?
a few days ago i guess. it was already there yesterday when i randomly visited björk.com
gmax1204
[homogenic]

Postby Anak » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:33 pm

^ nicely done! Does the video play in the background? I notice it seems to be an embedded YouTube one.
It does, it just plays The Gate
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby borsijb » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:43 pm

i found some code somewhere that was commented out(code changed into a comment so it won't run) that creates a date called deadline...

but it says 31-9-2017 and björk herself said the release is in november so this can't be it.

maybe a placeholder date so the developers could test the countdown feature?
borsijb
[telegram]

Postby faber » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:44 pm

i found some code somewhere that was commented out(code changed into a comment so it won't run) that creates a date called deadline...

but it says 31-9-2017 and björk herself said the release is in november so this can't be it.

especially because there's no such thing as a 31st day of september :lol:
faber
[biophilia]

Postby borsijb » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:45 pm

haha true, didn't think about that :lol:
borsijb
[telegram]

Postby borsijb » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:47 pm

but it's still really interesting to see that there's a hidden countdown that is ready to start. i guess this kinda confirms we won't get a surprise release but a proper album release
borsijb
[telegram]

Postby mountaintide » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:48 pm

please, dear god and all the saints, help her to have a website in keeping with the rest of her ethos, output and mission. i thought she *liked* technology. and art. and innovation. and beauty. and self-expression. and communication.

i hope this new splash page is a practice. you can't put a thing like the gate on top of a pile of poo. it's just wrong on so many levels. i will keep praying it comes good.

edit: yes to the hero font, hamburger not so much. and there's nothing wrong with keeping the logo, but why not jshzujzsh it a bit? it doesn't need to be purple anymore.
Last edited by mountaintide on Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mountaintide
[post]

Postby cancan » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 12:57 pm

cancan
[post]

Postby judaschrist » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:06 pm

I really hate it when something starts playing on a website and you can't turn it off... :roll:
judaschrist
[debut]

Postby m.thr.n » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:10 pm

please, dear god and all the saints, help her to have a website in keeping with the rest of her ethos, output and mission. i thought she *liked* technology. and art. and innovation. and beauty. and self-expression. and communication.
Sorry, but all this talk about "technology and innovation and self-expression" is nonsense when the website is simply impractical. Say, if you want to check out her tour dates, you have to wait 20 seconds until the animation loads, then figure out it should be under "past" and then under "gigography", then choose the year, only to realise that it hasn't been updated, so it doesn't feature her last two concerts. I'm glad M/M Paris expressed themselves with this design but it's a fuсking user interface nightmare.
I really hate it when something starts playing on a website and you can't turn it off... :roll:
Also, this x1000. I have my own music on 90% of the time, thank you very much.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby arucinluv » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:14 pm

haha true, didn't think about that :lol:
she will push boundaries and invent a new day just for release her new album
arucinluv
[post]

Postby cancan » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Sorry, but all this talk about "technology and innovation and self-expression" is nonsense when the website is simply impractical. Say, if you want to check out her tour dates, you have to wait 20 seconds until the animation loads, then figure out it should be under "past" and then under "gigography", then choose the year, only to realise that it hasn't been updated, so it doesn't feature her last two concerts. I'm glad M/M Paris expressed themselves with this design but it's a fuсking user interface nightmare.
LMFAOO ITS THE TRUE.
ALSO IT WASNT DEVELOPED BY M/M PARIS SO I UNDERSTAND
cancan
[post]

Postby gmax1204 » Sat, Sep, 30, 2017 1:20 pm

+the current website doesn't even get past the animation on some devices and just displays a gradient background and a play button. and you cant read the ask section because its white on yellow which is just sad....
gmax1204
[homogenic]

x Users browsing this forum: format