Bjork predicted vulnicura and LP10

Björk's upcoming ninth studio album - details to be announced soon

Bjork predicted vulnicura and LP10

Postby Lionsong » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 3:16 am

Pay attention to the lyrics in Moon. She predicted the heartbreak and chaos of vulnicura, followed by the happiness and utopia of LP10

"Best way to start-a-new

is to fail miserably

fail at loving and fail at giving

Fail at creating a flow

Then realign the whole

And kick into the start hole"

If vulnicura was about the failure of love and creating a flow, then lp10 is about new beginnings, utopia and starting anew. A new chapter in the life of Björk

I wonder if there are any other references to utopia in her past lyrics too...
Lionsong
[homogenic]

Re: Bjork predicted vulnicura and LP10

Postby faber » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 3:41 am

She kinda predicted life, that's how things go :) No matter how hard life kicks you, there will be a moment of re-alignment and peace coming up for each of us...or, at least, I hope so :shifty:

B didn't win the Optimist Award for nothing, after all :lol:
faber
[biophilia]

Postby benjicoq » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 3:52 am

well since biophilia was really a breakup album in disguise anyway (it's not really ABOUT science stuff, the science stuff is the dressing) , of course she "predicted" heartache
benjicoq
[bastards]

Postby Thanasis » Mon, Aug, 28, 2017 11:49 am

benjicoq wrote:well since biophilia was really a breakup album in disguise anyway (it's not really ABOUT science stuff, the science stuff is the dressing) , of course she "predicted" heartache

Exactly!
Thanasis
[telegram]

Postby sleepallday » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 1:10 am

Why lp10? We are waiting for 9th album. Her 1st album is debut and nothing else that was before it
sleepallday
[debut]

Postby gmax1204 » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 3:23 am

sleepallday wrote:Why lp10? We are waiting for 9th album. Her 1st album is debut and nothing else that was before it

"björk" (1977)
gmax1204
[telegram]

Postby sleepallday » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 4:01 am

It's not in the line of official albums. Debut is the beginning in the very meaning of the word. And bjork herself call new album 9th - see description of this part of the forum: "9th album".
We don't count 1977, and we don't count gling-glo
sleepallday
[debut]

Postby tofu » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 4:12 am

in a way: who cares?! :-) everyone counts different. For me it's also the 9th album, but other people count for example selmasongs, too....
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby mountaintide » Tue, Aug, 29, 2017 4:29 am

gmax1204 wrote:
sleepallday wrote:Why lp10? We are waiting for 9th album. Her 1st album is debut and nothing else that was before it

"björk" (1977)

we don't count that, nor gling-glo. this is b9. counting begins with the first one she wrote, which is why she called it debut.
mountaintide
[post]

Postby Lionsong » Wed, Aug, 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Ive always personally counted selmasongs as an lp but I understand why people would skip it
Lionsong
[homogenic]

Postby cancan » Thu, Aug, 31, 2017 9:22 am

you can see that she really predicted with the songs 'undo', 'possibly maybe' & 'sonnets' joining the setlist
cancan
[post]

Postby Magnetar » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 2:17 am

benjicoq wrote:well since biophilia was really a breakup album in disguise anyway (it's not really ABOUT science stuff, the science stuff is the dressing) , of course she "predicted" heartache

Is that how you see it now? Because I remember listening to Pagan Poetry from/during the Biophilia tour, don't remember which bootleg it was, but it wasn't performed with the passion she threw into it before, I heard a sadness in her voice and the overall way she performed it and it suddenly hit me (as a highly sensitive person) that they were in a bad place and the relationship would come to an end soon (or already was, we didn't have any real clue at the time) and you thought that was silly and didn't believe me.

#sweetintuition

8)
Magnetar
[volta]

Postby pigeonboy » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 2:34 am

Magnetar wrote: Because I remember listening to Pagan Poetry from/during the Biophilia tour, don't remember which bootleg it was, but it wasn't performed with the passion she threw into it before, I heard a sadness in her voice and the overall way she performed it and it suddenly hit me

After I saw the Harpa show I remember writing somewhere on here that PP was a really different performance. She was right in front of me during the "I love him" bit and she just seemed so sad. At the time I just thought I was reading too much into it. Maybe I still am.
pigeonboy
[volta]

Postby faber » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 2:37 am

Magnetar wrote:

Is that how you see it now? Because I remember listening to Pagan Poetry from/during the Biophilia tour, don't remember which bootleg it was, but it wasn't performed with the passion she threw into it before, I heard a sadness in her voice and the overall way she performed it and it suddenly hit me (as a highly sensitive person) that they were in a bad place and the relationship would come to an end soon (or already was, we didn't have any real clue at the time) and you thought that was silly and didn't believe me.

#sweetintuition

8)

there was a Paris performance of Pagan Poetry during the Bio Tour in which the general consensus was that her voice cracked on "i love him" part - i remember it and i still think she needed air or something :lol:

anyway, yes, Biophilia had its pretty melancholic moments looking back at it now. Moon was about restarting anew, Crystalline was about anxiety, Sacrifice was about the relation between men and women (and was inspired by her friends divorces iirc?) Dark Matter was what Björk was thinking about anytime she would see Barney :mrgreen:
faber
[biophilia]

Postby benjicoq » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 2:39 am

Magnetar wrote:

#sweetintuition

8)

i remember that and i think i said you cant know for sure WHY her voice cracked at that moment and so on and deducting things just from perceptions on a live performance most of us weren't there anyway. we all project stuff onti what we see and it's natural, i just wanted to point that (or maybe i was a douche back then, and if so, apologies :) )

The themes of biophilia songs are different imo (i mean, mutual core and sacrifice are pretty self explanatory - ie matthew is a lazy sexist self centered care bear, but he was hot so she still banged him once in a while - but we could debate haha)

and also : the fact that biophilia songs are not ABOUT science itself is not up for debate, right?
benjicoq
[bastards]

Postby faber » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 3:44 am

benjicoq wrote:and also : the fact that biophilia songs are not ABOUT science itself is not up for debate, right?

I hope nobody ever thought that, otherwise i guess they never really read the lyrics :shifty: But it may be the reason so many are repulsed by :compass: , it was literally labeled by medias since before its release her "science album" :mrgreen:
faber
[biophilia]

Postby m.thr.n » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 3:50 am

benjicoq wrote:and also : the fact that biophilia songs are not ABOUT science itself is not up for debate, right?

Sure, they're just dressed in clunky science metaphors and similes.
Aaaas the proteeein transmutaaaates... *throws shoe at the stereo*

And while I agree that analysing when exactly her voice broke during a live performance is reading way too fuсking much into her relationship with Barney, I think that the lyrics of "Sacrifice" were an early red flag (even if she tried to sell them as being about man's relationship with nature... sure).
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby benjicoq » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 3:53 am

m.thr.n wrote: (even if she tried to sell them as being about man's relationship with nature... sure).

benjicoq
[bastards]

Postby faber » Fri, Sep, 01, 2017 4:07 am

:sacrifice: Sacrifice - man and nature, notation
:mutualcore: Mutual Core - tectonic plates

faber
[biophilia]

x Users browsing this forum: banshees