NEW ALBUM thread

Björk's ninth studio album - more info soon

Re: NEW ALBUM thread

Postby Here4thenew1 » Thu, Oct, 05, 2017 5:06 pm

do not mince my words die googol by googol not give us our daily bread or die daily
I do not want to be apart of this website or forum any more please remove the accounts sandcastle small happy and malingerisokaylast
I do not have the money or interest to shell out words to this activity anymore
the definition of malingerisokaylast is my last name is an okay last name
and I am not all birthed and happy

Here4thenew1
[post]

Postby nicotobares » Thu, Oct, 05, 2017 5:16 pm

do not mince my words die googol by googol not give us our daily bread or die daily
I do not want to be apart of this website or forum any more please remove the accounts sandcastle small happy and malingerisokaylast
:lol:

TBH I'm not sure which thought is more unsettling - that they (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, possibly etc.) are bots or real people.

they are all the same person to me :shifty:
nicotobares
[selmasongs]

Postby charlesolivierwm » Thu, Oct, 05, 2017 6:15 pm

TBH I'm not sure which thought is more unsettling - that they (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, possibly etc.) are bots or real people.
I always thought that it was Björk herself fooling us, or testing artificial intelligence bots on this 4um :lol:
charlesolivierwm
[vespertine]

Postby ueneouno » Thu, Oct, 05, 2017 6:55 pm

hi bjork!! if you are reading this forum please upload another track pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ueneouno
[debut]

Postby water_mind » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 3:09 am

i present you today with: a wild bunch of avatar addicts becoming, after each post, more and more brain dead stupid, until enough the government understands can use (for their daily play yeah they don't mind,.. them as children) their genius interaction, to build a massive electric networking fortress, fueled with their own(?) childern's blood: to destroy archaic disappearing lifestyles lost from their sight , in the amazonian forest, and in iraq, and elsewhere.

(who?6, who?4, who?7, who65!, who?19,etc...(these specimens are unique, and different.)
water_mind
[debut]

Postby arucinluv » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 3:30 am

hi bjork!! if you are reading this forum please upload another track pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hello , björk here
wait birch
warmthness , björk
arucinluv
[post]

Postby Patrigan » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 6:16 am

so is there any news about an upcoming interview or anything?
its maybe more or less than a month away, so something must be coming soon <3
Patrigan
[homogenic]

Postby JoeSix » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 6:54 am

i'm sensing that an announcement is coming pretty soon, as all of b's social network have updated profile pictures and such and b sending arca flowers (to celebrate the new album perhaps?), james merry posting the newer silicone masks and such

maybe it's all just wishful thinking but either way november is getting closer, and i wouldn't be surprised if she releases the album just a week or two after announcing it, to avoid leaks

whatever happens i'm really excited about the new album :hyper:
JoeSix
[telegram]

Postby Anak » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 8:23 am

i present you today with: a wild bunch of avatar addicts becoming, after each post, more and more brain dead stupid, until enough the government understands can use (for their daily play yeah they don't mind,.. them as children) their genius interaction, to build a massive electric networking fortress, fueled with their own(?) childern's blood: to destroy archaic disappearing lifestyles lost from their sight , in the amazonian forest, and in iraq, and elsewhere.

(who?6, who?4, who?7, who65!, who?19,etc...(these specimens are unique, and different.)
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 9:01 am

i'm sensing that an announcement is coming pretty soon, as all of b's social network have updated profile pictures and such and b sending arca flowers (to celebrate the new album perhaps?), james merry posting the newer silicone masks and such

maybe it's all just wishful thinking but either way november is getting closer, and i wouldn't be surprised if she releases the album just a week or two after announcing it, to avoid leaks

whatever happens i'm really excited about the new album :hyper:
it really shouldn't be too much longer, especially if it's coming out in november. i bet we get a months notice before release date! i'm excited to see this all blossom. :wink:

i'm just guessing here, but i assume b send arca flowers to congratulate him on his work with kelela on her new album out today (which is gorgeous, go buy it). but maybe not, who knows! :love:

kelela's new album could also explain why everyone's been silent. if i were arca, i'd want to dedicate my time to each artist during each album release, respectively.
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

Postby JoeSix » Fri, Oct, 06, 2017 1:45 pm

yeah i was just thinking the same, surely björk also sent kelela some flowers or something 'cause she is a huge fan of hers, playing her on dj sets and photoshoots and stuff and is probably playing kelela's new record at max volume on her living room right now <3 it is indeed one of the best albums i've heard lately
JoeSix
[telegram]

Postby notgeting » Sat, Oct, 07, 2017 12:34 am

Rainbow

notgeting
[debut]

Postby tofu » Sat, Oct, 07, 2017 4:14 am

Rainbow

you mean the logo ? wasn’t it always changing ?
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby buttons » Sat, Oct, 07, 2017 6:12 am

Rainbow

you mean the logo ? wasn’t it always changing ?

Changes depending on what section you're looking at...
buttons
[post]

Postby didiere » Sun, Oct, 08, 2017 6:08 pm

I had a dream two nights ago that I saw a new björk album in a music shop. the album - as well as new albums of another artists - was placed right at the stand with cd player and headphones which you could use to listen to an album. this position of björk album was a clear suggestion that you should listen to it. all copies of björk album were in digipack. i grabbed the album from the stand and looked at it more carefully: the cover artwork was only two-colour: yellow with black letters and brushes. i don't remember what was exactly on the front cover but it wasn't björk image, there were rather some naughty zig-zags made with a black brush. at the center of the back cover i saw titles of the songs, painted in the same naughty-brushing style, which makes me think rather about a hip hop album than a björk album. i don't remember these songtitles but i am sure i felt disappointed that there was not a specific song i had expected before.
didiere
[debut]

Postby Andreas » Mon, Oct, 09, 2017 11:35 pm

^good thing it's why they call it a dream and not reality.
Andreas
[telegram]

Postby morbel » Tue, Oct, 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Right second listen through now. 14 tracks, just gonna write a few thoughts as I go. first track is called arisen. Lots of almost old school stabs with a skittering beat on that one. Definitely sounds very light and fluffy and different to the gate.

Second track reminds of aurora. Harp and ocals and then a Gentle kick comes in halfway through which evolves into skittering patterns again. Submerged almost whale noises. Vespertine feel all over this.

Third track is the gate.

Fourth track opens with vocals wood winds and then in come strings, very orchestral and then gentle skittering beat and choral voices. 10 minutes long!

Fifth track beat is basically a homogenic beat with flute and orchestration of vespertine.

Had to cut this listen short as was already running late for work but gonna listen to it again next week so if it hasn't been leaked will post more thoughts then. Definitely much less arca than the gate. Best way to describe it for me is vespertine, homogenic and vulnicura mashed up with hints of medulla in some of the vocal elements (beatbox etc)

It's a long album, over an hour. Track titles I remember are body manners, loss, courtship, utopia, arisen, future forever.

It feels like 4 distinct movements which is how the version I was listening To was split between vinyl sides.

It's definitely an easier listen than vulnicura although way too complex to really get a grip on after a couple of listens. The gate definitely feels like a bit of a false start, weirder than much of what is around it
http://board.ateaseweb.com//index.php?s ... 406&st=320
morbel
[debut]

Postby faber » Tue, Oct, 10, 2017 3:17 pm

anyone could have made that up tho.

shall we wait and see? i think an announcement is imminent
faber
[biophilia]

Postby Dot » Tue, Oct, 10, 2017 3:24 pm

that was the least enthusiastic review i've ever read, sounds almost like the person was disappointed.
not sure if i want it to be real (the gate as third track???)
Dot
[vespertine]

Postby Apex » Tue, Oct, 10, 2017 3:32 pm

just read the first sentence.

i don´t think it´s real.
Apex
[dr9]

x Users browsing this forum: desertshore, tulkinta