Re: NEW ALBUM thread

Postby cancan » Wed, Oct, 11, 2017 5:28 pm

every loving thing that she does people say that is vespertine-like
dafux?
cancan
[post]

Postby Culori » Wed, Oct, 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Don't know about you… but I am ready for an official announcement with detailed new album info (release date, cover, luxury edition mockup, tracklist etc. etc.). I mean, it just has to be very soon very soon!
:duck:
Culori
[telegram]

Postby Culori » Wed, Oct, 11, 2017 7:16 pm

What makes me suspicious is the mention of strings and "orchestral sound". björk has said in uncertain terms she was tired of strings arrangements and motivated the choice of flutes also as a reaction to the violin overdose of Vulnicura. It'd be unusual for the songs to sound orchestral when we know for a fact the album is built around a 12-piece flute ensemble. We have had news of harps and extra instrumentation being added in the final months of production but the vagueness of the description makes me think the tea spiller is just trying to come up with a believable björk-like sound (choirs! Vocal work! orchestra! Skittering beats!). the comparisons with basically 60% of björk's whole catalogue sounds like an attempt to conveniently cover all the bases too (it's like Vespertine but also like Homogenic but also like medúlla but also like Vulnicura even if it's an easier listen than vulnicura but super complex at the same time?)

the gate being different than the rest of the album? dazed describes the songs as having "an unusual form" and featuring arca's "twisted take on electronic music", so it's kind of strange the gate is the weirdest and arca-est track. the "light and fluffy" description was given by björk verbatim in the w interview we all read yesterday, in reference to the choice of flutes compared to the heaviness of vulnicura.

The fact there's no mention of rabit or the album's "moments of brutality", which dazed reported as being quite recognizable, is fishy. And no mention of the birdsong and insect chirping interludes? it sounds like they forgot about the most peculiar things of the record.

the titles are a mix of already confirmed, already rumoured and plain wtf (a title track? body manners?). I don't believe for one second björk the atom-dancing stonemilker would be so lazy to name a song about new love "courtship". Come on.

also, if i understand correctly, the tea spiller claims to be listening to the vinyl release? we haven't even had an official announcement yet and the vinyl has already gone through printing?

Long story short: i call bullshit. even if the tea turns out to be true, this person needs to work very hard on their creating writing skills.
i'm reading all their comments on reddit and will point out some of your skepticism is incorrect

- they say they have listened from the official stream but the tracks are labeled like vinyl (a1, a2...), they're not listening to the vinyl

- they do mention birdsong in one comment, and also say the strings are not prominent: "As for sonics, the birdsong etc is largely between songs and as part of the textures in the background. Instrumentally lots of wood winds/flute/harp. There are still quite a lot of strings although they feel considerably less over bearing than vulnicura"

whether they are legit is questionable but i definitely wouldn't declare it fake yet :)
Culori
[telegram]

Postby Patrigan » Wed, Oct, 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Maybe its not fake, but it sounded much like the first reviews of the gate (hardass mutual core anyone?)
I just hope we will get official news soon
Patrigan
[homogenic]

Postby Burnface » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 1:01 am

Burnface
[biophilia]

Postby tofu » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 1:24 am

i didnt read his descriptions. but 14 tracks would be too good to be true (here's hope) :-)
tofu
[vespertine]

Postby CU830 » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 1:37 am

i'm reading all their comments on reddit and will point out some of your skepticism is incorrect

- they say they have listened from the official stream but the tracks are labeled like vinyl (a1, a2...), they're not listening to the vinyl

- they do mention birdsong in one comment, and also say the strings are not prominent: "As for sonics, the birdsong etc is largely between songs and as part of the textures in the background. Instrumentally lots of wood winds/flute/harp. There are still quite a lot of strings although they feel considerably less over bearing than vulnicura"

whether they are legit is questionable but i definitely wouldn't declare it fake yet :)
Oh, I had read just what was reported in here! It does sound more believable now. The dodgy album titles could be real in a "so wrong that is right" way.

I still maintain this person has not a gift for describing things though! :lol:
CU830
[debut]

Postby judaschrist » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 2:07 am

The dodgy album titles could be real in a "so wrong that is right" way.
tentative titles maybe? or maybe even real in a "so wrong that it's wrong" way 8)
judaschrist
[debut]

Postby Culori » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 2:25 am

i mean the album is called 'utopia' and the lead single is 'the gate' (b also named 'loss' and 'allow'), these are all simple words so the tracks named don't seem far-fetched.

i follow the rupaul's drag race subreddit and while tea can be fabricated by a lot of different people, you do occasionally get some piping hot tea. this may be the tea.
Culori
[telegram]

Postby m.thr.n » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 3:10 am

Most of the tracks on Biophilia and Vulnicura have had simple titles, e.g. "Moon," "Virus," "Family," "Quicksand," "Solstice," "Sacrifice" etc. "Courtship" wouldn't surprise me at all.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby far & away » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 4:02 am

14 tracks would be too good to be true (here's hope) :-)
far & away
[vulnicura]

Postby far & away » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 4:06 am

utopia < : ai pot u

:shock:
far & away
[vulnicura]

Postby CU830 » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 4:44 am

Most of the tracks on Biophilia and Vulnicura have had simple titles, e.g. "Moon," "Virus," "Family," "Quicksand," "Solstice," "Sacrifice" etc. "Courtship" wouldn't surprise me at all.
it's not so much the simplicity of the title that seems suspicious but its literalness.

then again, most of the titles you have referenced could read as literal and for all we know, a song named "courtship" could be sung from the point of view of two birds of paradise during a mating ritual or a wasp flying around open flowers!

if someone had told me features creatures was an actual title, i would have called bullshit too.
CU830
[debut]

Postby m.thr.n » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 5:10 am

it's not so much the simplicity of the title that seems suspicious but its literalness.
Yeah, I get that, but in my opinion there hasn't been much subtelty in Björk's lyric writing for quite some time. She's been pretty on the nose on the last couple albums, so I also wouldn't be surprised if she wrote a song called "Courtship" about, well, courtship.
if someone had told me features creatures was an actual title, i would have called bullshit too.
Same! :lol:
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby JoeSix » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 5:43 am

wether or not those descriptions are real or fake, i really really really hope that the album doesn't leak or at least doesn't leak that early, if they actually sent the tracks to review i believe the "safety" of the album is in danger and could be leaked any day before bjork makes an official announcement and that would really really suck

here's hoping for a surprise release at least in digital form
JoeSix
[telegram]

Postby shapeshifter » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 5:49 am

the album is gonna be called vona, not utopia.
shapeshifter
[homogenic]

Postby Frostiutopia » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 5:51 am

Image WHERE ARE THE RECEIPTS ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frostiutopia
[debut]

Postby Moderator » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 5:55 am

i'm just kicking back - enjoying all this excitement and speculation

all shall B revealed

forum admin

Postby madpawn » Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 6:03 am

Etymology 1
From Old Norse vána, from the noun ván (“hope”) (Icelandic von).

Verb
vona (weak verb, third-person singular past indicative vonaði, supine vonað)

to hope
Við skulum vona það besta.
Let's hope for the best.

hm... I mean, this fits, but vespertine, volta, vulnicura, vona?
Last edited by madpawn on Thu, Oct, 12, 2017 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
madpawn
[debut]

x Users browsing this forum: desertshore, stupidfambaloo, tulkinta