the gate interview @ nowness facebook live

Björk's ninth studio album - more info soon

Re: the gate interview @ nowness facebook live

Postby Anak » Sun, Sep, 17, 2017 7:26 am

mastering is done quite fast. a good and experienced mastering engineer (like mandy) is able to master a track in a couple of minutes. mixing is the hardest part. and she said she spent a lot of time on it but she's done now. manufacturing is also pretty darn fast these days too. i don't think it should be that long before the album see the light of the day. :hyper:
So then a month to 2 months is actually realistic?
Anak
[medúlla]

Postby Animal » Sun, Sep, 17, 2017 7:27 am

i think bophilia was mastered in 10 days
Animal
[dr9]

Postby shapeshifter » Sun, Sep, 17, 2017 10:30 am

i think bophilia was mastered in 10 days
:album11: took a little longer because björk made mandy fly to iceland to work there. but it was also a project dependent on the iPad (meaning things were a bit more complicated from a technical point of view). this current project so far seems to be totally independent from any gadget, so things should flow faster, i guess.
but a lot of work is done simultaneously as well. it could be mastered already for all we know. the gate already is.
still, i really don't mind björk taking her time to deliver a better product. it all will come out eventually... "good things come to those who wait" ;)
shapeshifter
[homogenic]

Postby mikeofcetacea » Tue, Sep, 19, 2017 7:13 am

mastering is done quite fast. a good and experienced mastering engineer (like mandy) is able to master a track in a couple of minutes. mixing is the hardest part. and she said she spent a lot of time on it but she's done now. manufacturing is also pretty darn fast these days too. i don't think it should be that long before the album see the light of the day. :hyper:
So then a month to 2 months is actually realistic?
indeed! early november is hopeful, late november feels prolonged, but mid-november feels like the best bet -- it gives her and everyone involved in the album art and promotional material production time to shoot, design, and create the materials necessary for the digital and physical releases of the album.
mikeofcetacea
[telegram]

x Users browsing this forum: format, gmax1204, schmallegory