regarding LEAKS

New to the forum? Please go here!

regarding LEAKS

Postby Moderator » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 4:56 am

if you ask, endorse or offer leaks of any Björk release
(and this post is in regards to the recent leak of Vulnicura Strings)
you will be immediately removed from this board, along with all your posts

no warning, no questions asked!

i hope we're clear, once and for all.

// mod
forum admin

Re: regarding LEAKS

Postby martin » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 8:09 am

Moderator wrote:if you ask, endorse or offer leaks of any Björk release
(and this post is in regards to the recent leak of Vulnicura Strings)
you will be immediately removed from this board, along with all your posts

no warning, no questions asked!

i hope we're clear, once and for all.

// mod

well, posting such a short statement can't make 'EVERYHTING' clear, not once and for all...

"ask" - ok, never ask for a leak link or file
"endorse" - you'll be banned if you will not report a leak link you found on the 4um to the moderator??? :?
"endorse" - you'll be banned if you accept/use/click on a leak link offered on the forum??? :?
what does the word "endorse" actually include?
"offer" - ok, never post a leak link or file here. what about a link to a website that links to another website?....
"Björk release" - I assume you talk about an 'OFFICIAL' release (albums, singles, etc.). What about something like "To Lee, With Love, Nick", "Avignon" or a white label DJ remix never officially released?

I think we have to be really careful here and clearly define the Do's and Dont's because noone wants to be banned from this forum without prior notice. Will I eventually be banned for posting THIS? :dizzy:

a lot of discussion potential here... :duck:
martin
[medúlla]

Postby Dot » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 11:27 am

I think it's quite clear: don't share links.
As simple as that.
Dot
[vespertine]

Postby Apex » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Dot wrote:I think it's quite clear: don't share links to leaked material.
As simple as that.

/this!
Apex
[medúlla]

Postby rollingderp123 » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 2:53 pm

that moment when you get banned because of this without even knowing about these rules.
rollingderp123
[debut]

Postby Peterican » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 2:57 pm

rollingderp123 wrote:that moment when you get banned because of this without even knowing about these rules.

eek.
Peterican
[volta]

Postby m.thr.n » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 3:01 pm

rollingderp123 wrote:that moment when you get banned because of this without even knowing about these rules.

Aren't they obvious? This is a message board on her official website. If someone thinks it's okay to share leaked material here, they're simply dumb.
m.thr.n
[biophilia]

Postby rollingderp123 » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 3:10 pm

m.thr.n wrote:

Aren't they obvious? This is a message board on her official website. If someone thinks it's okay to share leaked material here, they're simply dumb.

im not the brightest cookie in the shed tbh :cry:
rollingderp123
[debut]

Postby faber » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 3:12 pm

m.thr.n wrote:

:roll: :roll:

I can't believe someone shared official material here. I mean, of course if one's willing discussing it's not harming anyone (i remember fighting against spoilers back when Vulnicura leaked :mrgreen: ) - but discussing =/= sharing, which is never a good idea.
faber
[biophilia]

Postby rollingderp123 » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 3:15 pm

faber wrote:
m.thr.n wrote:

:roll: :roll:

I can't believe someone shared official material here. I mean, of course if one's willing discussing it's not harming anyone (i remember fighting against spoilers back when Vulnicura leaked :mrgreen: ) - but discussing =/= sharing, which is never a good idea.

i had asked for the link to the leak in a moment of dumb excitement D:
rollingderp123
[debut]

Postby Moderator » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 3:40 pm

rollingderp123 wrote:i had asked for the link to the leak in a moment of dumb excitement D:

and you came back despite my banning you.

read the guidelines
http://4um.bjork.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23514

FILESHARING
Any form of spreading or help of spreading copyrighted material that is available for purchase, such as officially released songs and videos by ANY means of this site, including Private Messages, will get you banned from the forum. It is however allowed to share some material that is not available for purchase, such as fan-recorded live recordings, and interviews. It is NOT allowed to share files of official releases just because they are not released in your country and you don't have access to purchase it online. If you are uncertain of if a file is OK or not to share, contact the Moderator for advice.

bye, bye.
forum admin

Postby homogenic2004 » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:01 pm

I think when it comes to leaks, it should never even be mentioned on these forums. The more people that know, the more people who will search for it and will ultimately download it.

Had I not even heard about it here, I would never have known. I'm sure others feel the same.
I experienced this with volta, biophilia and both vulnicuras. I heard about the leak only on here.

Lets chalk off any "leak" as bad quality and unfinished and not care/talk about them, or acknowledge that they exist.
homogenic2004
[homogenic]

Postby JoeSix » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:06 pm

i strongly agree!

i know we all are eager to hear new albums as soon as they are available, but leaks are not the way!

but here in the official forums we should be the first ones supporting b and oli, not the leakers and their interests, stop spreading leaks :aifol:
JoeSix
[telegram]

Postby homogenic2004 » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:07 pm

^this. I'm sure Bjork would wholeheartedly appreciate it.
homogenic2004
[homogenic]

Postby Anak » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't think it's wrong to talk of a leak
If you listen to it it's your own fault really
Anak
[vespertine]

Postby mrs bungle » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:36 pm

It's slightly naive to assume that talking about a leak here will make people go search for it. Generally, there are people who will download music illegally, and those that won't. doesn't really matter where they hear about the existence of a leak - they have to know where to find illegal downloads in order to download them.

Also, banning talk of the existence of a leak would probably just lead to some very weird coded chat on here :lol:
mrs bungle
[telegram]

Postby JoeSix » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 5:47 pm

mrs bungle wrote:
Also, banning talk of the existence of a leak would probably just lead to some very weird coded chat on here :lol:

lol, "the wound has healed" "the porcupine has unrolled" :lol:
what else?

but the point is that yeah maybe mentioning it is unavoidable, but perhaps it could encourage some to go looking for it ? maybe keeping it as quiet as posssible could help?
JoeSix
[telegram]

Postby Robodurga » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 7:09 pm

I just want to be clear here...

I have participated in discussions of listening to said, uhm... contraband, and discussing it, have I broken a rule?

Back during the vulnitoura, there was gray area about sharing recordings and for awhile, folks here talked until a clear definition of rules was given.

That said, is all talk relating to this topic completely off-limits? (commentary, opinions, etc.)

I guess, I'm asking for the black and white of it and not a grey area, such as what happened with the tour recordings.
Robodurga
[post]

Postby pigeonboy » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 8:48 pm

I think a leak that could affect sales is different to release of a fan recording.

One thing I am pretty sure on is that Oli won't tolerant anything regarding promotion or distribution of a leak. They will not deviate from that message and I imagine they will not elaborate further because that could be misconstrued that they find the leak to some degree acceptable. Their response to this has to be zero tolerance.

Having said that, the thread is still there and discussion has been allowed to continue for now. We need to be mindful of the situation and the message that has been given. The way I see it is that what we choose to post is at our risk on this subject. If in doubt, don't post!
pigeonboy
[volta]

Postby faber » Thu, Oct, 15, 2015 9:40 pm

well i believe in something - the people downloading b music illegally, are the same who will then buy it legally, cause in her case, a "niche" artist, her hardcore fans won't miss out any release.

this is no way endorsing music download, i just wan to explain what brings me to download this type of leaks, that is different froma studio album like Vulnicura, an awaited release whic deserved a first listen in a good wayh
faber
[biophilia]

Next

x Users browsing this forum: No registered users