Innocence on July 23rd

Björk's sixth studio album, released in 2007

Postby Voltabulous » Wed, Jul, 18, 2007 8:18 pm

raubtier wrote:anyone who is acting surprised has got to be kidding me! :shock:


You took the words out of my mouth ...
I was just about to write that!

That's really not a surprise.

I don't like it either,
but hey ... what can we do?


:|
User avatar
Voltabulous
[vespertine]
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon, Apr, 02, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby error » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 5:17 am

the single sleeve also comes with another stunning Nick Knight shot of Björk in the statue especially designed by Bernhard Willhelm

Nice! All this work for a 600 x 600 pixels, 72 dpi JPG file...

You will be able to buy the single from iTunes on the 23rd and all other download services from 30th July.

I guess they are talking about iTunes Store UK, just like the Earth Intruders release - other iTunes Stores probably have to wait. Whatever, I won't buy iTunes Store tracks with DRM anyways.

I hope bleep.com will sell the tracks as .flac files this time... or cd-promo's will leak its way in a lossless form to the world wide web.
User avatar
error
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun, Feb, 06, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Rotterdam

Postby stupidfambaloo » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 5:42 am

bad taste sold the earth intruders single mix as 320 drm-free with a HUGE cover, you could dl 3 different sizes. their site is being overhauled right now, but their download site for EI is still up so maybe they'll offer Innocence, or at last you could get the very large cover?
sorry i am super-pissed about this as well.

-a
User avatar
stupidfambaloo
[selmasongs]
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu, Jan, 18, 2007 5:36 am
Location: Red Rocks, 2nd row, seat 27/Detroit First Row Pit Seat 308

Postby sidek » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 6:49 am

I just f*ckin' can't understand why don't they give us back, front, inlay, CD-art.... just a front, but it's not a complete artwork alone. I don't like home made covers, just the officials.
User avatar
sidek
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun, Feb, 06, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 8:14 am

sidek wrote:I just f*ckin' can't understand why don't they give us back, front, inlay, CD-art.... just a front, but it's not a complete artwork alone. I don't like home made covers, just the officials.


Well, the inlay and cd-art and the back were developed to make the cd single more interesting. Since there's no cd anymore, apparently they're obsolete...
What I do miss the most is the fact that instead of three covers (as in the 3 part single) we only get one now...
Oh well, if this is what B wants... :?
User avatar
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun, Jun, 12, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Back in the USSR

Postby sidek » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 8:24 am

And if Innocence got just a digital release, DI will too, so no physical single to Volta. :( The whole era is a big zero with those pathetic album cases!
User avatar
sidek
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun, Feb, 06, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby zyklotron » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 8:30 am

the line between home-made (amateur or semi-professional) and official (professional) is fading. Read the book "The Long Tail" written by Chris Anderson and adapt to the future. Because it won't ask you, if you agree or not.

:mrgreen:

anyone who has got the highest resolution of the "official" EI-cover from Smekkleysa? is it better quality as the one which came along with the OLI newsletter?
Last edited by zyklotron on Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
zyklotron
[telegram]
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed, Feb, 02, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Germany

Postby Wisky_87 » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 8:37 am

it's ah joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF are they thinking? Woun't buy anything from i-Tunes or something else.....brrrrrrrr :cry: :dizzy: >:(

MfG Whisky
User avatar
Wisky_87
[debut]
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, May, 01, 2007 2:46 pm
Location: Germany

Postby sidek » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 9:50 am

zyklotron wrote:the line between home-made (amateur or semi-professional) and official (professional) is fading. Read the book "The Long Tail" written by Chris Anderson and adapt to the future. Because it won't ask you, if you agree or not.

:mrgreen:

anyone who has got the highest resolution of the "official" EI-cover from Smekkleysa? is it better quality as the one which came along with the OLI newsletter?


Have you received already a newsletter from OLI? I haven't.
I wanna see the Innocence cover in big!
User avatar
sidek
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun, Feb, 06, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby zyklotron » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 11:55 am

:) NO, I was talking about the EARTH INTRUDERS cover! But now I know it better: The EI-Cover (hi-res) @grapewire is 1000x1000 pixel. And it's as unsharp as the OLI one...
User avatar
zyklotron
[telegram]
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed, Feb, 02, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Germany

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 3:38 pm

zyklotron wrote::) NO, I was talking about the EARTH INTRUDERS cover! But now I know it better: The EI-Cover (hi-res) @grapewire is 1000x1000 pixel. And it's as unsharp as the OLI one...


And the colors are a bit washed out... You really can't get those colors right unless you're using a bmp file...
User avatar
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun, Jun, 12, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Back in the USSR

Postby sidek » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 7:31 pm

I can't wait for the mixes!:)
User avatar
sidek
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun, Feb, 06, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Hungary

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Jul, 19, 2007 11:44 pm

Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image
User avatar
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun, Jun, 12, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Back in the USSR

Postby gph » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 12:19 am

Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image



Must have it . . . must have it . . . must have it . . .
gph
[debut]
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat, Jun, 30, 2007 5:15 am

Postby GyakuSetsu » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 1:52 am

Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image

Someone posted a Buy It Now of one of those and I GOT IT! CD QUALITY INNOCENCE!!


Make your own flac! :dizzy: :hyper:
User avatar
GyakuSetsu
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun, Jul, 03, 2005 7:01 am
Location: Denver, CO

Postby poem_to_a_horse » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 2:00 am

GyakuSetsu wrote:
Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image

Someone posted a Buy It Now of one of those and I GOT IT! CD QUALITY INNOCENCE!!


Make your own flac! :dizzy: :hyper:



^I want one! :D :hyper:

What ever happened to the CD version of the EI Single? :(
User avatar
poem_to_a_horse
[dr9]
 
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed, Feb, 02, 2005 4:39 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby GyakuSetsu » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 2:25 am

poem_to_a_horse wrote:
GyakuSetsu wrote:
Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image

Someone posted a Buy It Now of one of those and I GOT IT! CD QUALITY INNOCENCE!!


Make your own flac! :dizzy: :hyper:



^I want one! :D :hyper:

What ever happened to the CD version of the EI Single? :(

Here it is!
User avatar
GyakuSetsu
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun, Jul, 03, 2005 7:01 am
Location: Denver, CO

Postby poem_to_a_horse » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 2:26 am

GyakuSetsu wrote:
poem_to_a_horse wrote:
GyakuSetsu wrote:
Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image

Someone posted a Buy It Now of one of those and I GOT IT! CD QUALITY INNOCENCE!!


Make your own flac! :dizzy: :hyper:



^I want one! :D :hyper:

What ever happened to the CD version of the EI Single? :(

Here it is!


Thanks! :wink:
User avatar
poem_to_a_horse
[dr9]
 
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed, Feb, 02, 2005 4:39 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby GyakuSetsu » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 4:07 am

I saw this as someone's signature in another message board.

Image

WHITE HAIR
User avatar
GyakuSetsu
[homogenic]
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun, Jul, 03, 2005 7:01 am
Location: Denver, CO

Postby Voltabulous » Fri, Jul, 20, 2007 5:22 am

gph wrote:
Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:Found a promo cd on eBay...
If it's real that means cd quality Innocence mixes :hyper:

Image



Must have it . . . must have it . . . must have it . . .


Why would an (official) promo spell her name wrong? Are you sure this isn't a fake? Made by a very creative person, who will burn all the Itunes songs on disc on the 23rd and then sends it to the auction winner? How can anyone tell it's the official promo? And don't tell me because the OLI logo is on it, because anyone can put that on a cd, so is it real? Just curious ...

:shifty: :)
User avatar
Voltabulous
[vespertine]
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon, Apr, 02, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Netherlands

PreviousNext


x Users browsing this forum: No registered users