New Information on VOLTA!

Björk's sixth studio album, released in 2007

New Information on VOLTA!

Postby ghostlife » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:02 am

someone posted the following in a ukmix.org forum, that they read on Music Week:

"One Little Indian is preparing for what it expects to become the biggest-selling Bjork album yet, thanks to a new Timbaland-inspired commercial direction and the promotion of an 18-month world tour.
The album Volta is released on May 7 and Bjork is preparing to work it extensively. The tour will be announce this Friday and dates are already confirmed for Glastonbury, Coachella and Roskilde.

The album will be preced with an as-yet unnamed single which will be released digitally on April 9. A physical version will not hit shops until May 21, as new mixes are still being produced. The online campaign, featuring new film footage, will go live on March 12.

One Little Indian mamaging director Derek Birkett is hugely excited by the sales potential of the album. "It's probably the most commercial thing she's ever done," he says. "It's really up and happy and the collaborations are extraordinary".
Birkett is also surprised by the willingness of Bjork to tour so extensively, which will see her go round the world on a month-on month-off basis. "If someone had told me six months ago, i wouldn't have believed it," he says. "The plans for the tour are mind-blowing- Bjork's devised her own set and will have 30 musicians on stage".

:logo:
ghostlife
[telegram]

Postby ghost.of.dissi » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:04 am

holy SHIT.
ghost.of.dissi
[telegram]

Postby Aeroplane » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:05 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

up and happy up and happy up and happy INDEED
Aeroplane
[homogenic]

Postby Archimage8 » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:08 am

:o :o :o :o
..... :o .....
Archimage8
[vespertine]

Postby Það Sést Ekki Sætari Mey » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:09 am

They really stress that it's commercial
Það Sést Ekki Sætari Mey
[biophilia]

Postby Miss Meliss » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:09 am

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

NICE!!

Thanks for the info!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Does this mean that "Earth Intruders" is in fact not the new first singles title... :?

Miss Meliss
[post]

Postby fandango » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:18 am

Það Sést Ekki Sætari Mey wrote:They really stress that it's commercial

People make out Debut was a commercial record at the time... and it really, really wasn't. Perhaps accidentally it sold, but I can't stress enough how different a lot of people found it back then, happy, joyous, real... bit a bit weird innit!!

I'm not worried about this AT ALL. The exact opposite in fact... this could be THE big record of her career, I've been saying she's in NO WAY finished creatively, like a few people sometimes imagine...
fandango
[selmasongs]

Postby fandango » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:20 am

I think all it means is they have confidence that this record will connect with a lot of people...

I can't imagine they really felt that way about Medulla (for example) or even the previous two.
fandango
[selmasongs]

Postby Me » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:21 am

There are no words... That is a cery good information...
Me
[volta]

Postby tomek » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:31 am

I honestly have wanted Bjork to do a full on Pop album . . . it's time, she more then ready to be on that level.

this album is going to take her career to the next level.
WATCH!!!! and you thought she was big time before.

look out.

do it bjork! everything in that press release sounds fantastic.

-tomek
tomek
[post]

Postby ghostlife » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:45 am

obviously i am always skeptical. i don't know anything about musicweek.com, although it seems very legit (expensive subscription required, seems very industry). however, did the person who posted the quote from musicweek make this up, just to get people going? you never really know. even though its doubtful this person made it up, i would still take it with a grain of salt for now. if true, ive never been more excited about a new bjork album! i like the part about the online campaign beginning march 12. so a new bjork.com on monday, perhaps?

the forum link i found it on is http://ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42262&start=0, just scroll down, its towards the bottom.

ghostlife
[telegram]

Postby Amsome » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:47 am

GHASP! MONDAY!
VISUAL THINGS! ON MONDAY!

love shit. if this is fake. I just... omg... don't this dare be fake!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: *cums* :dizzy: :love: :aifol: :logo:
Amsome
[selmasongs]

Postby stupidfambaloo » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:50 am

heaven.
stupidfambaloo
[selmasongs]

Location: Red Rocks, 2nd row, seat 27/Detroit First Row Pit Seat 308

Postby mauriciolevandoski » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 3:59 am

i know i know, but man. the most commercial? let's be practical :( she is not "commercial", you know what i preciasely mean. a video with piercings and hidden sex is not the exactly my view of commercial stuff, i like her not because of her "lack of commerciality" (just to make things clear) and why the hell is miss b joining this commercial (or overjoy) wave? :( i'm sad, and i HOPE that my thoughts are ABSOLUTELY wrong. i really hope. deeply in my heart i know b won't let me, and us, down. but all these news just are fighting against this hope feeling.

anyway, i'll like it, i'll get used to it even if the album sounds like REALLY mainstream/pop/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit.

:squid:

and maybe, the happiness the album is what made the guy to say that it is "very commercial".

maybe i'm being toooooooooo "i want it deeper and i want it darker".

(sorry my bad english)

ah, and i still anxious for it <3

by the way, i'm wondering if we will get new promo shots at monday <3<3<3
mauriciolevandoski
[telegram]

Postby allneddleslike » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:03 am

18 month tour... whoa...
i think the folks in so. america and australia might get some love if that's true!
:wink:
allneddleslike
[post]

Postby mauriciolevandoski » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:06 am

allneddleslike wrote:18 month tour... whoa...
i think the folks in so. america and australia might get some love if that's true!
:wink:

<3<3 it would be.........

TRULY HEAVEN.
mauriciolevandoski
[telegram]

Postby ghostlife » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:11 am

do you think the fact that the following bolded words are misspelled, might mean this could be the work of a CON?

i just dont want to get too excited about this, cause unless i actually see it on the Music Week site, i cant get too excited about it ...

"One Little Indian is preparing for what it expects to become the biggest-selling Bjork album yet, thanks to a new Timbaland-inspired commercial direction and the promotion of an 18-month world tour.
The album Volta is released on May 7 and Bjork is preparing to work it extensively. The tour will be announce this Friday and dates are already confirmed for Glastonbury, Coachella and Roskilde.

The album will be preced with an as-yet unnamed single which will be released digitally on April 9. A physical version will not hit shops until May 21, as new mixes are still being produced. The online campaign, featuring new film footage, will go live on March 12.

One Little Indian mamaging director Derek Birkett is hugely excited by the sales potential of the album. "It's probably the most commercial thing she's ever done," he says. "It's really up and happy and the collaborations are extraordinary".
Birkett is also surprised by the willingness of Bjork to tour so extensively, which will see her go round the world on a month-on month-off basis. "If someone had told me six months ago, i wouldn't have believed it," he says. "The plans for the tour are mind-blowing- Bjork's devised her own set and will have 30 musicians on stage".
ghostlife
[telegram]

Postby allneddleslike » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:16 am

^ it's on Wikipedia already it MUST be true! ;D
allneddleslike
[post]

Postby ghostlife » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:18 am

HAHAHAHAA
ghostlife
[telegram]

Postby Gungalei » Sat, Mar, 10, 2007 4:21 am

ghostlife wrote:do you think the fact that the following bolded words are misspelled, might mean this could be the work of a CON?

i just dont want to get too excited about this, cause unless i actually see it on the Music Week site, i cant get too excited about it ...

What, "announce" doesn't have 2 N's? :shifty:

"The tour will be announced this Friday..."

Um, todayyyyy?? :?
Gungalei
[vespertine]

Next

x Users browsing this forum: No registered users