K O S O V O

Björk's sixth studio album, released in 2007

Postby Shaggy » Wed, Feb, 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Galtar's Sanctuary wrote:
Shaggy wrote:Anyone wanna chip in to buy?!?! :lol:

I'll chip in if the plan is to hire mercenaries to take it over. :D

Why hire...WE can be the mercenaries!

Once we rule supreme, we can ask B-Dawg to perform a show there. She can also use some studio space as well. I mean, she likes water and all....
Fans can pull their boats about the area and enjoy the fun too...of course...for a price.

bwaaahahahhahahahahhahaha
Shaggy
[vespertine]

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Wed, Feb, 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Shaggy wrote:Anyone wanna chip in to buy?!?! :lol:

I'll chip in if the plan is to hire mercenaries to take it over. :D

Why hire...WE can be the mercenaries!

I've never shied away from a bit of unnecessary bloodshed, but I had you figured out as the peaceful type :P

How big is that platform anyway? If we have to share a bed I want no hanky panky! :oops:
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]

Postby Shaggy » Wed, Feb, 20, 2008 5:44 pm

LOL!
Well, I can throw down when need be.
Otherwise yeah, I'm pretty peaceful.
I believe there is plenty of space in the platform buildings and within the support tubes there are "rooms" etc.

Paaaaarty!!!
Shaggy
[vespertine]

Postby ogi! » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 1:16 pm

She sang Kosovo in Tokyo during DI.

Well, I must say that i thought she is more objective and better informed, but i guess she don't give a damn about finding out all possible info before making a statement. Well her bad. I guess EXIT festival in Novi Sad is off.
ogi!
[telegram]

Postby bejorco » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Totally. I don't think she could be that hypocrital.
bejorco
[telegram]

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 2:33 pm

ogi! wrote:I guess EXIT festival in Novi Sad is off.

bejorco wrote:Totally. I don't think she could be that hypocrital.

What are you guys talking about? I don't see why she wouldn't perform in Serbia. There hasn't been any genocide in Kosovo. It's just a region which declared independence with no major armed conflict.
I don't see why she wouldn't perform in Serbia or sing Declare Independence. It would be in bad taste if she mentions Kosovo, but I doubt she would.

I think it would be very sad if political issues got in the way of Serbian fans seeing her or enjoying her performance...

So basically, if she cancels the concert she's silly. If the organizers cancel it, they're silly... But this hasn't even been officially confirmed yet. Let's just wait and see. I would think her fee would be the biggest issue about her coming to an Eastern European country, not political agendas :P
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]

Postby bejorco » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Serbia is recalling all of its Ambassadors from the countries that have supported Kosovar independency, and has already announced legal procedures to block Kosovo's recognition on the UN and, as far as I know, borders between both "countries" are closed. ogi! himself who is a Serbian is giving us a hint of what Serbian people feel about this, and it's not agreement.

So how do you think they could accept entertainment from someone who has already partialized in favor of their country dismemberment? It's a matter of national proud.
bejorco
[telegram]

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 2:59 pm

bejorco wrote:Serbia is recalling all of its Ambassadors from the countries that have supported Kosovar independency, and has already announced legal procedures to block Kosovo's recognition on the UN and, as far as I know, borders between both "countries" are closed. ogi! himself who is a Serbian is giving us a hint of what Serbian people feel about this, and it's not agreement.

So how do you think they could accept entertainment from someone who has already partialized in favor of their country dismemberment? It's a matter of national proud.

National pride and patriotism are the causes of a lot of deaths in wars and such. I hate ultra nationalism and I'm sorry that Serbia has fallen prey to it.
If they don't accept entertainment from someone who holds other political views they're assholes. I don't mean to offend Serbians here, just ultranationalists from every country.
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]

Postby ogi! » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:09 pm

bejorco, tnx for explaining it.

I am Serbian, althought nationality is expecially tough to resolute in Bosnia and Hercegowina where i live, at last for me it is. During the war almost all of my firends ran to USA, Canada and other countries. I don't believe in nationality, but i believe in heritage, but not in nationalistic or any other secularistic way.

As i said before, Albanians on Kosovo are not autohton nation on that area. They came to Serbia, they haven't been there when Serbia became country for the first time. So it's not oppresion.

I hope Bjork will not come to EXIT bcs that way she will be a hypocrite. I would love to see her, but i think that by coming she will show that money is more important to her then her principles whatever those are.
ogi!
[telegram]

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:12 pm

ogi! wrote:I hope Bjork will not come to EXIT bcs that way she will be a hypocrite. I would love to see her, but i think that by coming she will show that money is more important to her then her principles whatever those are.

Too late now... She's already the biggest hypocrite in the world for performing in Denmark who had Iceland under occupation for hundreds of years.
And what about the UK?! OMG! They had the biggest colonial Empire ever! What a hypocrite!
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]

Postby ogi! » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:14 pm

bejorco wrote:Serbia is recalling all of its Ambassadors from the countries that have supported Kosovar independency, and has already announced legal procedures to block Kosovo's recognition on the UN and, as far as I know, borders between both "countries" are closed. ogi! himself who is a Serbian is giving us a hint of what Serbian people feel about this, and it's not agreement.

National pride and patriotism are the causes of a lot of deaths in wars and such. I hate ultra nationalism and I'm sorry that Serbia has fallen prey to it.
If they don't accept entertainment from someone who holds other political views they're assholes. I don't mean to offend Serbians here, just ultranationalists from every country.

You have to distinguish people that have intelectual ability to see other aspects of every situation and those who don't.

Like a few hours ago just 100 meters from my house were vandalic demonstrations, althought i can't call them demonstrations) when ppl attacked USA consulate. I think that is wrong but i also find it wrong to turn back to your ancestors.
ogi!
[telegram]

Postby Moopy » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:16 pm

ogi! wrote:I hope Bjork will not come to EXIT bcs that way she will be a hypocrite. I would love to see her, but i think that by coming she will show that money is more important to her then her principles whatever those are.

I think by playing there, she's snubbing her nose at the idiot nationalists who think there's such a big difference in countries that they have to murder. She's showing them that we can get along, and that you should tell the people tearing your country apart to shut up, and get along. I think she would be doing a disservice is she decided not to play your country because of some nationalist idiots. She's showing there's strength in unity, she's a worldly voice coming to a country divided.

ogi! wrote:You have to distinguish people that have intelectual ability to see other aspects of every situation and those who don't.

Like a few hours ago just 100 meters from my house were vandalic demonstrations, althought i can't call them demonstrations) when ppl attacked USA consulate. I think that is wrong but i also find it wrong to turn back to your ancestors.

Your ancestors don't care atm, they're dead. You know what does matter though? Your life. I don't think your ancestors would be proud of the fact that your country is being torn apart and destroyed over something so stupid, fully preventing them from realizing their full potential. You, as a nationality, and a nation, will never be able to be the best you can be unless you stop fighting. A warring country is a stagnant country, and I think that is the saddest thing of all, absolutely nothing for your ancestors or heritage to be proud of.
Moopy
[debut]

Postby bejorco » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Too late now... She's already the biggest hypocrite in the world for performing in Denmark who had Iceland under occupation for hundreds of years.
And what about the UK?! OMG! They had the biggest colonial Empire ever! What a hypocrite!

your arguments are getting lamer with each post.

Iceland and Denmark, are countries with diplomatic, comercial and cultural relations. Not to mention Icelandic independency was proclaimed 60 years ago.

Besides, Iceland was colonized by Dannish people, but it became a nation on its own and when they decided to declare independence, they didn't reclaimed for them the Peninsula of Jutland, core and base of Dannish cultural heritage and identity.
bejorco
[telegram]

Postby ogi! » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:28 pm

You are comparing concepts that are unparalel in many aspects.

Moopy wrote:

I think by playing there, she's snubbing her nose at the idiot nationalists who think there's such a big difference in countries that they have to murder. She's showing them that we can get along, and that you should tell the people tearing your country apart to shut up, and get along. I think she would be doing a disservice is she decided not to play your country because of some nationalist idiots. She's showing there's strength in unity, she's a worldly voice coming to a country divided.

ogi! wrote:You have to distinguish people that have intelectual ability to see other aspects of every situation and those who don't.

Your ancestors don't care atm, they're dead. You know what does matter though? Your life. I don't think your ancestors would be proud of the fact that your country is being torn apart and destroyed over something so stupid, fully preventing them from realizing their full potential. You, as a nationality, and a nation, will never be able to be the best you can be unless you stop fighting. A warring country is a stagnant country, and I think that is the saddest thing of all, absolutely nothing for your ancestors or heritage to be proud of.

I don't live in Serbia, but in BIH. Like i said i am not nationalist, but i try to keep heritage from this land in me. I try to keep serbian, croatian and muslim parts. I don't make difference based on religion.

It is understandable that you think like that.
ogi!
[telegram]

Postby Galtar's Sanctuary » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 3:29 pm

bejorco wrote:

your arguments are getting lamer with each post.

Iceland and Denmark, are countries with diplomatic, comercial and cultural relations. Not to mention Icelandic independency was proclaimed 60 years ago.

Besides, Iceland was colonized by Dannish people, but it became a nation on its own and when they decided to declare independence, they didn't reclaimed for them the Peninsula of Jutland, core and base of Dannish cultural heritage and identity.

My argument was that it's ridiculous to call B a hypocrite for performing in Serbia. The only people who lose here are the Serbian fans, and they're the only ones I really care about in this discussion. But you know what they say... The road to hell is paved with good intentions. So I'll just shut up now and let you guys discuss politics, ok? :)
Galtar's Sanctuary
[volta]

Postby Milos » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 4:54 pm

lerealisateur wrote:
Slightly different situation here. The Kosovan Albanians very much feel like Albanians. Just look at the flags they were waving this weekend. Albanian flags.
The independence is just an excuse to kick out the Serbs and prepare to be absorbed by Albania. Kosovo just isn't viable as an independent state, its even poorer than Moldavia.

As a side issue, no one really reports why the Serbs are so upset about losing Kosovo. Its down to two things: 1- Kosovo has always been at the centre of all the most important events of Serb history. So they're losing a massive piece of cultural heritage and identity. 2- 50 years ago, there were as many Serbs as Albanians. Its only in the 80s and 90s that a massive influx of Albanians saw them become the majority population in the province. So its not like they have a long standing historical claim to the place. However, after enduring Milosevic's persecution, its quite understandable that they don't want to be part of Serbia anymore.
Whats never really talked about though is that there were more Serb civilians killed during the Kosovo war, by the Albanians, than vice versa.

Now the real question is of course.... how the feck do I know all this and why am I going on such a tangent? lol. My brain is a sponge when it comes to history...

The only word I could say to your statement lerealisateur is... YES

P.S. Today many newspapers wrote about Bjork and her gig in Tokyo... People in Belgrade wrote comments about that... I've heard on the street and in some shops people talking about her and her singing in Budokan..They were very disappointed, some were extremely angry.. but majority just couldn't believe and said nothing.

The most common reaction was thet she is talking about things that she doesn't know... "Instead of art and music she talks about politics and independence of country she doesn't know at all..."

One guy asked me... why she sang Oceania and then DI.. She first erase borders and 1 minute later she puts them back and celebrate....? What is the point of that contradictory?

Bjork is very reputable in Serbia as an artist among famous artists and some other famous people in Serbia. It maybe sounds funny to u, but to see people who were distraught with her act in Tokyo, was very confusing.
I read on the net that most of fans will not go to her (unconfirmed) Exit festival gig. Her Exit appearance will probably be canceled.

I think that even she doesn't know why she did it... very unmindful from her.
:|
Milos
[debut]

Postby Toccata » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 5:19 pm

The independence of the Kosovo will set a precedent for other minorities in other countries of south-east Europe. This will ultimately weaken the European stand compared with other large political blocks.

I think, the whole thing is staged by the U.S.A.

DIVIDE ET IMPERA!
Toccata
[vespertine]

Postby Kriss85 » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Milos wrote:I think that even she doesn't know why she did it... very unmindful from her.

I don't get... what did she do ? :?
Kriss85
[dr9]

Postby bejorco » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Toccata wrote:I think, the whole thing is staged by the U.S.A.

but of course!! you know where the largest military US base is located? Kosovo! Its name: Camp Bondsteel, just google it. So in the end this is all about OIL my friend. Have you ever heard something similar before?
bejorco
[telegram]

Postby lerealisateur » Thu, Feb, 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Kriss85 wrote:
Milos wrote:I think that even she doesn't know why she did it... very unmindful from her.

I don't get... what did she do ? :?

She hasn't done anything, she just said something without really thinking, just because it fitted and was appropriate to the song and current affairs. Bjork is politically incorrect as hell. lol

Bjork dislikes politics and doesn't care about it, she says so herself. However, that sort of innocence does lead to trouble sometimes because these are complex issues which affect a lot of people. So to laugh about it and make such a throwaway comment about a country she knows nothing about is a little silly and insensitive in this particular case.

Because the independence of Kosovo isn't really just about freedom and making your own stand or any other of the more simplistic concepts Bjork puts across in DI. If anything its more akin to what Milosevic was trying to do in the Yugoslav war when he wanted to annex all the serbian parts of the former nation and build a greater Serbia. or to put it in other terms, kind of like the Anshluss.

In any case it will only bring greater division and confrontation in an already far too volatile and divided region
lerealisateur
[debut]

PreviousNext

x Users browsing this forum: No registered users